Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Greetings from Lebanon... via California?

Hi everyone! This is Janet (Rachel’s sister). I just got off the phone with Rachel, Jonathan and Jada! Their computer has not been working so they have been unable to get online so far. However, I was able to read your comments to them today. They wanted me to say hi to everyone and to thank you for the sweet messages you have posted on their site.

Brief update: Jonathan has been taking lots of pictures of Jada and says, “she really loves her daddy.” He was able to capture Rachel seeing Jada for the 1st time on video, which was a very special moment. I know we all look forward to watching this video!!! Rachel says Jada has the biggest smile and loves to fall asleep in the Baby Bjorn carrier. Jonathan shared that “Jada is hot natured unlike her momma.” Rachel says that Jada weighs 12 lbs, has blue eyes and a “cute little, pointed chin.”

They ventured out this morning and had Jada’s picture taken for her passport. It sounds like tomorrow will be a busy day for the 3 of them. They have paperwork in the morning, are picking up Jada’s passport in the afternoon, and have a quick trip to the Dr.’s office for Jada’s check up in the evening.

Josianne has been very helpful and still plans to get them out of Lebanon very soon. Jonathan says we will have to wait and see.
Blessings to all!

7 comments:

jgoode said...

Thanks, Janet. I find myself coming here about 30 times a day and am glad when there's something new!

Keith, April, Shelby, and Lane said...

I know what you mean Jen. I check the site several times at work and then at home before I go to bed. Rachel, I guess Jada will be right at home at our house. She won't need a jacket when you guys come visit like her mom in the summertime. Keith will be so excited. I am glad to know that all is well. I teared up reading Janet's message. I can't wait to see the three of you. Good luck on the rest of your journey. See ya at home!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Janet for the update!! We are constantly checking the website at work and at home. I can only imagine the look of joy on their faces when they saw Jada the first time...I can't wait to see them all back home and give all of them lots of hugs! Carrie

Hillman Trio said...

We cannot wait for y'all to get home! Lucia is doing great. She, Macy, and Nady got to go to the farm today and run around for a while. Also, no mice have been found! Tell Jada Sawyer is ready for his cousin to be home! Love y'all

Synco said...

Hey y'all. Thanks to Janet for the update. I can't wait for the pictures & video. I thank God everyday that you are all 3 finally united. I can't wait to get y'all home. The anticipation is almost more than I can handle. I can only imagine how it must feel for y'all. Give Jada kisses from me. We continue to pray...

wkhillman said...

For everyone's information:
We just talked with Jonathan and he told us that every Lebanonese signature has been obtained. Jada's passport is in their hands. Next is the doctors appointment. It is tomorrow at 9:00. After that, is the the trip to our embassy for the visa. If they can get it tomorrow, they will head to the airport to try to come home. If not, Friday. So far all is good. Thanks for all your prayers.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! WE ARE SO READY TO SEE THE FAMILY...WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR A QUICK, SAFE RETURN HOME. WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET JADA KATHRYN. I'M SURE SHE IS EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL IN PERSON. CARRIE